General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jax PCP for Triathletes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-20 4:08 PM

User image

Regular
Saint Johns, FL
Subject: Jax PCP for Triathletes
Wondering if any fellow Jax BT's can give a recommendation for a local Primary Care Physician is a triathlete or that works with triathletes.  Will eventually need a referral to a podiatrist as well, so any info there might also be helpful.  Willing to go to any area of the city to find a doctor that understands what we do, and won't tell me to stop running because I tend to get PF when run milage builds past 40 miles/week.

Live in Durbin Crossing (west of 95 east of Julington Creek) and work at the Beach, so SE sector would be best, but again, willing to go anywhere if there is a consensus of opinion that there one doc is "the man".

EW

2010-04-20 5:16 PM
in reply to: #2805371

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Jax PCP for Triathletes
I'm a PT and a triathlete that works in ponte vedra beach for brooks.  In the beaches area dr. dimitrov and dr. ketty are very good (baptist primary on A1A in pv beach).  there aren't many triathlete specific docs in the area but these two are very good and understanding sports related injuries.  pm me if you have any questions, I may be able to help you out.
2010-04-20 6:04 PM
in reply to: #2805503

User image

Regular
Saint Johns, FL
Thanks for the recommendations.  My sister is a PT in DC and was recently at one of your women's health certification courses at Brooks Rehab.  She Like the program quite a bit, and made some contacts that she recommended if I needed PT (probably you or one of your colleagues).  I'll definitely save your screen name and PM you if I end up needing PT.

Thanks again,

EW
2010-04-21 12:12 PM

St Augustine, FL
My Podiatrist isn't a triathlete but he works out and runs.  He hooked me up with some great custom orthotics that are made specifically for runners.  His name is Dr Matey (Podiatry Associates of Florida).  His office is located right down the road from you right off of Bartram Park Blvd.  Nice guy!
2010-04-21 5:33 PM

User image

Regular
Saint Johns, FL
Thanks for the Pod referral.

I'm thinking I'll set up to see Dr. Dimitrov, just for the routine physical and see how it goes.

Good to see some others in the area using this site.

EW
2010-05-14 10:11 PM
in reply to: #2805503

New user

St. Augustine

ironlib,
I ride on A1A north form St. Augustine 4 or 5 days a week.  6 months ago I injured my shoulder somehow.  I think it was from a combination of yoga and the bike.  The orthopedic doc said it is impediment syndrome? Some type of damage to my rotate cuff and bicep tendon.  I stared back riding a month ago and it still hurts while riding. 
Is there anything I should or should not be doing to get past this?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jax PCP for Triathletes Rss Feed