General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Bike Ride in almost a year Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-06-29 4:37 PM

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
Subject: First Bike Ride in almost a year

Well, I finally did it.  Got out the trusty steed, got'er tuned up, and went for a ride.

Nope, I didn't forget how to ride, and those bike handling skills that I sweated over are still there.  This was cool, cause I can remember when I couldn't actually turn my head to look behind me or grab a drink from my water bottle without swerving all over the road.

I went out for about an hour, and it felt great.  In fact, most of me felt like I could go a little longer, but my butt needs to work up to it.  Although the new bike seat I got last year is so much BETTER than my old one, there's no comparison.  I really noticed a huge difference in how comfortable I was on the saddle. 

I remember when I was first starting out, on this same ride, I would just be about dying.  Today, yeah, there were some times of hard breathing but I didn't need to rest or do the "death rattle" breathing.  I guess what surprised me a little was how even though I haven't been on my bike for so long, this ride was a medium effort, not a "I want to die" effort.

I love my bike.

2005-06-29 4:41 PM
in reply to: #186624

User image

Expert
Utah
Subject: RE: First Bike Ride in almost a year

Way to go!  Isn't a good bike ride fun?  (Insert music "Back in the Saddle Again"

2005-06-29 4:50 PM
in reply to: #186624

User image

Elite Veteran
chicago area
Subject: RE: First Bike Ride in almost a year
Glad you and your bike are rekindling your relationship. Now don't go cheating on 'er any time soon. She needs more time together with you.
Congrats and welcome back to bicycling!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Bike Ride in almost a year Rss Feed