General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Saucony Progrid Kinvara Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-13 12:17 PM

User image

Expert
Kewaunee, WI
Subject: Saucony Progrid Kinvara
Anybody running in them? I just bought a pair. I only ran with them on the treadmill at the store, but they felt awesome. I have been running in Newtons. I have to admit they are not my favorite shoe ever. I think they are good, but don't fit my feet all that well.

Looking for any feedback on these babies.

2010-05-13 1:13 PM
in reply to: #2856620

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Saucony Progrid Kinvara
Yes, picked them up recently and have run in them a few times. Love them so far. They are certainly a minimalist shoe with okay support. I say okay because they have way more support than a shoe like the Nike Lunar Trainer line, but not a ton of support (which I was looking for).
They are very lite and can probably be used as a more cushiony racing flat.
2010-05-17 6:41 AM
in reply to: #2856620

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boston, MA
Subject: RE: Saucony Progrid Kinvara

I've just done a two runs in them so far (4m and 10m) but I'm a big fan at least from what I've noticed.

They don't LOOK like the typical minimalist shoe, but they feel super light and smooth. They are more than just a light slab of foam laced up under your feet and not just "minimalist for the sake of being minimalist." I was hoping to wear them for the run of my ironman in september, but I'm not sure if my feet can handle 26.2 in something so light, but time will tell.

They lower heel height does take a little getting used to, but it is a little too early to definitively say. I just had a little calf soreness from having my ankle stretched out a little.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Saucony Progrid Kinvara Rss Feed