General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Road Bike Beginner....which bike is best ???? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-17 6:49 PM

Subject: Road Bike Beginner....which bike is best ????
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and "kinda" new to road biking, I am a AVID MTB (Specialized) and am now ready for a road bike, due to riding in a 50 mile marathon on a MTB is just crazy.......but done. I am wondering which bike would be best. I am a female and have been fitted for a 51" RB and was told that a "Jamis" bike would be good, took one for a test drive fits good, and fast, Shimano Componets, Aluminim frame. $800.00 so is there something better out there? All responses would be greatly appreciated.
Blonde

2010-05-17 7:01 PM
in reply to: #2864428

User image

Master
Cypress, CA
Subject: RE: Road Bike Beginner....which bike is best ????

[email protected] - 2010-05-17 4:49 PM Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and "kinda" new to road biking, I am a AVID MTB (Specialized) and am now ready for a road bike, due to riding in a 50 mile marathon on a MTB is just crazy.......but done. I am wondering which bike would be best. I am a female and have been fitted for a 51" RB and was told that a "Jamis" bike would be good, took one for a test drive fits good, and fast, Shimano Componets, Aluminim frame. $800.00 so is there something better out there? All responses would be greatly appreciated.
Blonde

Loaded question--there's always something better out there.  General rule of thumb, I think, is to get the best bike that you can afford and that fits you.

Many say that for serious riding you should go for at least Shimano 105-grade components (or equivalent from other manufacturers), but some folks are perfectly happy with Sora or Tiagra.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Road Bike Beginner....which bike is best ???? Rss Feed