Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-05-20 3:23 PM
in reply to: #2870962

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
Subject: RE: Questions for women triathletes
I have the mirena now...I took my last Pill last week and keep waiting for my period to start, and nothing. I am like SWEET! Maybe this will last forever. I can deal with that :p

2010-05-20 3:25 PM
in reply to: #2870612

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
cthoops - 2010-05-20 9:18 AM
mmrocker13 - 2010-05-20 10:02 AM For those that use the Diva Cup (or the like), may I ask why? I mean, what about it makes you prefer it to tampons?

Just curious--the idea of it honestly seems (to me) way more trouble than it's worth, but people seem to LOVE it, so I want to know why...

Well, for me I could never find a brand of tampon that didn't leak.  Not to mention that I couldn't flush them at our house (old plumbing system), and of course I had to change them several times during the work day (no big deal, just something to point out), and I always was annoyed at the price whenever I had to buy more.

With the diva cup it was a one-time purchase, no flushing issues (and using a lot less kleenex/toilet paper because of the lack of said flushing issues! Smile ), no leaks, and I can go all day without dealing with it.  So to me, the diva cup is actually less trouble than a tampon.  YMMV, of course.

Huh. I guess I can see that. I've always been very lucky that the junior absorbency OBs are plenty for me. Like I can seriously use maybe 2-3 a day. Once in the AM, once in the afternoon, and sometimes at night. And they are small, so very portable, so not a big deal there, either.

I think it's the mess factor with the cup that gets me. It's just too much work, I guess.
2010-05-20 3:30 PM
in reply to: #2868412

User image

Expert
NW NJ
Watch out for Bears on the run and bike, "They Can Smell The Menstruation"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFO7Wo7ZCE

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Questions for women triathletes Rss Feed  

of 2