General Discussion Triathlon Talk » JAX TRIATHLON SERIES - SPRINT #1 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-05 7:21 AM

User image

New user
West Coast/Central Florida
Subject: JAX TRIATHLON SERIES - SPRINT #1
Who's planning on this tri on the 19th?  My first of the season and my first ocean swim.  Excited, nervous!!!!  Bring my newbie friend that's never done a tri.  We're trainning like crazy!!!!  Any suggestions on the ocean swim (the swim is always the hardest for me)?

2010-06-07 9:01 AM
in reply to: #2902293

Subject: RE: JAX TRIATHLON SERIES - SPRINT #1
Not sure if your from the area but the HammerHead Triathlon Club has a ocean swim on Jax Beach each sunday at 9am. Might be a good idea to get a little practice before race day. 

Im not doing the race but I will be there setting up the bike course. Good Luck 
2010-06-10 2:47 PM
in reply to: #2902293

User image

St. Petersburg
Subject: RE: JAX TRIATHLON SERIES - SPRINT #1
I'll be doing it as well...

I did BFAST last year and from what I understand the Jacksonville Tri's are a lot better. The swim should be calmer than what the ocean swim can sometimes be like for BFAST.

If you have the opportunity, definitely practice in the ocean before you get out there on race day. It can be scary and intimidating if you aren't use to swimming in the ocean and on race day you'll be navigating around people and buoys. The swim is my favorite part of the race and I can't wait for this triathlon!! I've already done one this season and am looking for another PR!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » JAX TRIATHLON SERIES - SPRINT #1 Rss Feed