General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Core Performance and tri-training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-06 2:18 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Core Performance and tri-training
So I'm just getting into CP and have decided to follow the Endurance training plan, but I am confused by the fact that it doesn't gear toward a specific race distance or date like a "normal" triathlon training plan.

Does anyone else here follow this plan? Do you just stick to the scheduled ESD time or add more standard tri training on top of it? I'm nervous about undertraining but also nervous about overtraining and missing the entire point of the CP design.

2010-06-06 6:55 PM
in reply to: #2903586

Veteran
Subject: RE: Core Performance and tri-training
I use the core performance program mostly for the performance training because it hits all of your core muscles. In terms of incorporating into tri planning, I usually will do the ESD part, but go through it 2-4 times depending upon how many minutes of training I am supposed to get in on my tri plan.
2010-06-07 12:33 PM
in reply to: #2903586

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Core Performance and tri-training
Thanks! Maybe I will try that. It's just so different from all the other training plans, I didn't know if making adjustments like that would be counter-productive.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Core Performance and tri-training Rss Feed