General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP- I need Tri Clothes that fit!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-14 1:31 PM

Subject: HELP- I need Tri Clothes that fit!!!!

HELP:
I am tired of spending money on Tri clothes that don't fit.  It's bad enough when I go to a race I get the smerks and jokes about being a clydesdale, but then I have to race in stuff that doesn't fit.  I order stuff through my tri club ( 3xl) and it comes to the top of my stomach.  I am 6'2 and go around 245-250 or so.  I would say I am thicker more so then all belly. I want a tri top that covers my stomach- is that so hard to ask? 
I was on a group ride a few weeks ago and they told me my back tire was flat.  The bike guy from the shop was with us and checked it- no it had 120psi in it.  It just looked flat-  I felt great that day. Embarassed The best part was the guy was suprised I was in the front of the group for most of the ride.  he siad "man if you had normal tires you would be crazy fast"  yea thanks buddy.  Anyway I'm frustrated and would love some suggestions.
Here is shot of me at the MiamiMan race this fall.  That is our Tri clubs old shirt.
Thanks for your help!
http://eventpictures.com/app/event/zoomPictures?eventInstanceId=16778&picture=4863472

2010-06-14 8:17 PM
in reply to: #2920686

User image

Subject: RE: HELP- I need Tri Clothes that fit!!!!
I understand the problem but I have solved it by wearing a 1 piece.  Wearing a one piece xxl 2xu suit has worked great and I am about the same proportions.  I am 6'4" 240 and more barrelchested than most.  Had the hardest time finding a wetsuit that would accomodate my size.

As for tire issues I switched to Fortezza superlite tires that will take up to 175PSI and run them about 140psi and this has solved all my tire issues.  There are other brands out there but I have had the best luck with these so far.  Just make sure your rims are rated to run that high a pressure.

Hpes this helps. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP- I need Tri Clothes that fit!!!! Rss Feed