General Discussion Triathlon Talk » So um, I'm getting nervous now Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-07-08 12:01 PM

Veteran
Littleton, NH
Subject: So um, I'm getting nervous now
I had my first ocean swim yesterday and it was horrendous.  It was also freezing!  I can't believe I'm going to do it all over again tomorrow, but at 7am!  Today is cold and rainy and tomorrow morning should be the same.  I'm going to go for a short bike ride today since I've never ridden in the rain before either. I've also skimped on the workouts over the week end and this week because we went camping and I've been on vacation at home (we had some issues to deal with).  Yesterday after the swim in the ocean I did a transtion to bike, went a very short distance, transitioned to run and ran another short distance just to go through all 3 motions together.  I'm pretty confident I can survive this, but I'm still a little nervous. 

2005-07-08 12:17 PM
in reply to: #193147

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, MI
Subject: RE: So um, I'm getting nervous now
Right now it is all about survival. I am so scared about Sunday I think I am going to puke and have felt that way all day long. You will be fine, I will be fine.. Believe me!

The water temp today in Grand Haven, MI (where I am going to do mine) was only 52 today. We will BOTH GET THROUGH THIS! Really. Just think of me Sunday and I will think of you tomorrow.
2005-07-08 12:22 PM

User image

St. Louis, MO

You are both going to do great! Just jump in the cold water and keep moving to warm up! Dawn, you've done the training and the last week of so-so training is no big deal.  You weren't going to make any big gains anyway. 

Good luck on your first!!!

2005-07-08 12:43 PM

Veteran
Currently: San Diego CA

Once that starting gun fires, you will forget about your nervousness.  You will be focused, you will be strong.  Just think of it as another work out, with a few more people around you.  Thats all.  Next thing you know, you are done, and have an ear to ear grin on your grill because you finished! 

Good luck to both of you!  Let us know how you do!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » So um, I'm getting nervous now Rss Feed