General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Season off of Tris--Ultra and Century Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-09 5:22 PM

Regular
, Indiana
Subject: Season off of Tris--Ultra and Century
Hello.  I have decided to take the year off from triathlons because of a hectic work schedule requiring last minute traveling.  However, I wanted to do some events so decided running and biking are things I can do if I am at a hotel.   I have decided to do 2 half marathons, 1 century ride, and 1 ultra marathon.  The century and ultra are both on very hilly terrain (ultra is a trail run).  My question is should I focus more on building muscle and strength in my legs and forget speed.  I have incorporated a weight training regimen but it only has 4 leg exercises.  Should I do more?  Any advice is much appreciated!

2010-07-12 5:02 PM
in reply to: #2971723

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Subject: RE: Season off of Tris--Ultra and Century
For the Ultra you are going to have to build endurance before speed.

For my first I did a 20 week plan with mostly LSD and Tempo. I threw in some speed work the last 6 weeks.
2010-07-12 6:19 PM
in reply to: #2971723

Regular
, Indiana
Subject: RE: Season off of Tris--Ultra and Century
Thanks for the response!  Where did you get your plan from?  I have been looking and have had one made on scrunners.com.  Do you have anything different you would be willing to share?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Season off of Tris--Ultra and Century Rss Feed