General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone up for a training weekend up north? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-14 2:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Anyone up for a training weekend up north?
The summer heat is killer right now. I know mountainman is going on the next two weekends in Flagstaff but would anyone be up for heading up there the first weekend of August possibly? I'm thinking possibly camping out, long swim/run one day and long ride the next and a lot of fun in between. I'm flexible as to when..

2010-07-14 4:54 PM
in reply to: #2980977

User image

Master
Flagstaff and Phoenix, AZ
Subject: RE: Anyone up for a training weekend up north?
I'm in for whatever fits into my training. Smile

The Mountain Man Sprint is this Sunday but the HIM is not until August 8. Next weekend, July 24, is the Taylor House Ride: 95, 65, or 45 mile options from downtown going east to Sunset Crater and the Painted Desert overview. I'm registered for the 65-mile ride and would love some company!

The ride is not a race but a fundraiser for the Taylor House at Flag Medical Center where family of cancer patients can stay. Great occasion to get out of the heat and enjoy a ride in the cool pines. It's well-supported: lots of aid-stations and SAG vans. I did the 45-mile ride last year and really enjoyed it. Great BBQ afterward!

http://www.absolutebikes.net/taylor/index.html
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone up for a training weekend up north? Rss Feed