General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Texas - Course Maps? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-13 9:13 AM

User image

Regular
Doylestown, PA
Subject: IM Texas - Course Maps?
Course maps still not available online for IM Texas... anyone know the area or get a sneak peak? Trying to compare this course to other available 1H2011 options... cda, st geo, vineman, etc.  

2010-08-13 11:57 AM
in reply to: #3041777

User image

Regular
Flagstaff
Subject: RE: IM Texas - Course Maps?
ironman2284 - 2010-08-13 4:13 AM Course maps still not available online for IM Texas... anyone know the area or get a sneak peak? Trying to compare this course to other available 1H2011 options... cda, st geo, vineman, etc.  

Not yet.  We know the swim is in Lake Woodlands which is not overly large so it'll be interesting to see how they navigate us around that.

The bike supposedly goes North and I've heard that it should be relatively flat with a few rollers.  No official word on if there will be any loops but speculation is that it will be a one loop course.

The run is supposedly entirely within The Woodlands.  I'm told that means mostly residential streets and "urban paths" with lots of trees which should mean a lot of shade and not much wind.

The locals I've talked to predict that the course will be fairly fast (terrain-wise) but also pretty hot/humid.

At this point it's mostly supposition though.  RD Keith Jordan hasn't released the official maps, as you know, presumably because they're still working out some of the details.

2010-08-13 3:02 PM
in reply to: #3042293

User image

Champion
the colony texas

I think I saw you posting in this thread  but if not it seems to be the one many of us doing IMTX are posting in, there were quite a few at one time.

?
???From what I've heard the course will be similar to the Ironstar course.  

2010-08-13 3:52 PM
in reply to: #3042768

User image

Regular
Doylestown, PA
Gaarryy - 2010-08-13 4:02 PM

I think I saw you posting in this thread  but if not it seems to be the one many of us doing IMTX are posting in, there were quite a few at one time.

Yes - I found that thread after posting here. I'll be following the official race thread for now.

Thanks for the course info, flying hawaiian! (shane victorino reference for you baseball fans...
2010-08-19 9:39 AM
in reply to: #3042293

User image

Expert
The Woodlands, TX
bschorr - 2010-08-13 11:57 AM
ironman2284 - 2010-08-13 4:13 AM Course maps still not available online for IM Texas... anyone know the area or get a sneak peak? Trying to compare this course to other available 1H2011 options... cda, st geo, vineman, etc.  

Not yet.  We know the swim is in Lake Woodlands which is not overly large so it'll be interesting to see how they navigate us around that.

The bike supposedly goes North and I've heard that it should be relatively flat with a few rollers.  No official word on if there will be any loops but speculation is that it will be a one loop course.

The run is supposedly entirely within The Woodlands.  I'm told that means mostly residential streets and "urban paths" with lots of trees which should mean a lot of shade and not much wind.

The locals I've talked to predict that the course will be fairly fast (terrain-wise) but also pretty hot/humid.

At this point it's mostly supposition though.  RD Keith Jordan hasn't released the official maps, as you know, presumably because they're still working out some of the details.

If the latest rumor of the bike course is close to accurate, which based on the source I believe it is, then this is roughly what the course will look like (an out and back wasn't fully included, hence the shortened dist). I guess 'hilly' is relative, but based on the other profiles, this looks to fall somewhere in the IMCDA and IMWisconsin realm of hills.

(IMTX elev.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMTX elev.jpg (23KB - 8 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Texas - Course Maps? Rss Feed