General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Laguna Seca - Twilight Rides Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-19 4:02 PM

Subject: Laguna Seca - Twilight Rides
Hey folks,

I came across a cool event that happens once a month in the Montery peninsula area. If you are a fan of auto racing, then you have probably heard of Laguna Seca Raceway. The track now opens itself to cyclists once a month for a fee of $10. I went to the "twilight Ride" last night and had a complete blast. There were not that many riders, so it felt like I had the track all to myself. Each section of the track provided a unique experience. Great climbing, and downhills through the cork screw turn. Also one section of the track had a strong headwind that was fun to power through. Just thought I would share as it made for a fun and different training ride after work where I didn't have to worry about traffic.

-Ryan

2010-08-19 4:04 PM
in reply to: #3053472

User image

Woodland, Ca
Subject: RE: Laguna Seca - Twilight Rides
Oh!I will drive down for that! How was the Corkscrew?

Thank you for the heads up.

Rebecca
2010-08-19 4:13 PM
in reply to: #3053476

corkscrew was amazing! At the top, if you look straight forward, you look right at Montery Bay and can see the smoke stacks at Moss Landing. I was told that if you go hammer down, you can get up to 40mph.

I got chills just driving into the track and seeing how empty it was. I went to my first Indycar race at that track back in 91, so it was really special for me to be able to train for my upcoming tri.

The next twilight ride is September 15th according to the website. I drove down from San Jose and was at the track in about 1.5 hours.

2010-08-19 5:13 PM

User image

Master
Westlake Village , Ca.
I've raced that track in a car but a bike would be so fun!
2010-08-19 5:18 PM

I am racing in the Santa Barbara Long Course in a week and a half and thought it would be a great way to get some hill repeats in. The hills were not as steap or as long as I thought they would be, but it was still a great two hours of riding.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Laguna Seca - Twilight Rides Rss Feed