General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Online strength program? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-25 10:08 AM

User image

Regular
Boston area
Subject: Online strength program?

I strength train sporadically.  Mostly because it bores me in general: being inside, counting out reps, concentrating on form.  Also, I get bored with the routine.  My physical therapist suggested I change my routine at least once every two weeks to keep it fresh.  This is good in theory, but I'm not that interested in researching and crafting a new routine that often. 

Are there any online services that will send you a new strength routine each week?  I'd like something relatively cheap and that I could do with my existing equipment. I have a gym membership and pay pool fees for swimming, and let's not forget about the tri-crap I'm constanty buying Wink, so I don't have a lot more $$ to spend on fitness. I flirt with doing Crossfit workouts, but they require equipment I don't have and cannot set up (rings, ropes, etc.). 

I guess I'm looking for a site like swimplan.com, where you tell it what you have, how hard/long you want to go, and it generates workouts for you.  And that's free.  But I'd be willing to pay a little if the site and the workouts were high quality.

TIA!

2010-08-25 7:58 PM
in reply to: #3062961

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: RE: Online strength program?
I like this site. 

Blah, it edited out the link.  Search for Train With Me Online.

Edited by bzgl40 2010-08-25 8:01 PM
2010-08-26 3:02 PM

User image

Regular
Boston area

Thanks!  I've just joined the Train With Me Online site.  It's $4.99 a month with no contracts/commitment.  There are a lot of training plans on there, so hopefully I won't have the boredom excuse anymore.

As I searched online, I found free programs and expensive programs, with everything in between.  For anyone who's tired of their existing program and willing to look, there's a lot out there.

2010-08-28 5:55 PM

San Diego
This is also a good site for those interested in traditional weight lifting: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html

The best thing is its free!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Online strength program? Rss Feed