General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trek Node 1 and Node 2 Computers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-27 9:51 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Trek Node 1 and Node 2 Computers
Does anyone ride with either of these? If so what do you like/dislike about them? Is one better than the other?

2010-08-27 4:13 PM
in reply to: #3067180

User image

Expert
Plano, National Capital Region
Subject: RE: Trek Node 1 and Node 2 Computers
I have the Node 1 as my 'permanent' bike computer on one of my bikes.  I use it as a back-up in case something happens with my Garmin (I forget it, or forget to charge it, etc.).  It is wireless and can use the same cadence/speed sensor as the Garmin so there's only one sensor on the bike. Since it is ant+, it also receives the Garmin HR monitor info.  Has expansion for Power as well (if ANT+).

Some other nice things - temperature reading, nutritional alarm, intervals and can theoretically move between 2 bikes but I keep it on one.

However, between that and a Garmin - I'd take the Garmin - primarily because it doesn't output data and only keeps Avg and Max information for all the data it displays (HR, Cadence, Speed).

2010-08-27 4:31 PM
in reply to: #3067180

User image

Veteran
New Jersey (outside philly)
Subject: RE: Trek Node 1 and Node 2 Computers
I have one on my 2010 Madone. If ya have a Trek w/duotrap, I say go for it. Love not having to worry about sensor being out of alignment. Also have HR with the node. Computer itself is fine, No better/no worse than my Cateye Strada on my Scott Plasma (use my garmin 310xt watch on tri bike for HR). So if not on a trek, there are better choices out there.
Bryan
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trek Node 1 and Node 2 Computers Rss Feed