General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spectating Cedar Point Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-31 6:00 AM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI
Subject: Spectating Cedar Point

Is anyone going down to CP to cheerlead all of our HIM and IM distance athlete friends?  I'm probably going to drive down the morning of.  Anyone want to carpool? 

Does anyone know if spectators need a ticket to the park or how all that works? 

2010-08-31 6:57 AM
in reply to: #3072779

User image

Extreme Veteran
Milford, MI
Subject: RE: Spectating Cedar Point
The athlete guide they posted said that the finish is inside the park and after 8 you won't need a ticket.....however, when I talked to the director at the last practice ride they said that they'd negotiated a deal with Cedar Point to allow people at the finish without a ticket at all.  I'll post something in the race forum and double check this.
2010-08-31 10:00 AM
in reply to: #3072835

Regular
Plymouth, MI
ericcooper - 2010-08-31 7:57 AM The athlete guide they posted said that the finish is inside the park and after 8 you won't need a ticket.....however, when I talked to the director at the last practice ride they said that they'd negotiated a deal with Cedar Point to allow people at the finish without a ticket at all.  I'll post something in the race forum and double check this.

Let me know what you find out. My family was planning on enjoying the park on Saturday and cheering me on Sunday. I thought they would be able to see the finish line without a park pass on Sunday too.
2010-08-31 11:30 AM

User image

Veteran
This is from Rev3 website under FAQ:

If you are using your park tickets on Sunday, then you will have full access to the finish line. If you do not have park passes, a section of the finish line will be dedicated to you. You will enter the park at the gate nearest the Breakers hotel and park passes are not required. You will have access to bleachers and a great spot to watch the finish!

After 8:00 p.m. on Sunday the entire finish line area will open up and you will have the same access as the people that had park passes for the day.

In reading the Athlete Guide, the spectators will be charged $10 to park the car. But it doesn't look like the must have park passes!
2010-08-31 4:26 PM

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I should add that in the Athlete Guide there is a notation about NOT planning to drive out of the park during the race -- in other words, don't plan on spectating the run.

My husband had planned on driving over to the waterfront to watch part of the run, but sounds like the Causeway will either be closed or a major league headache to negotiate by vehicle.

I should have figured this out on my own but it seriously hadn't dawned on me that the only way in and out of the park is also part of the race course :-)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Spectating Cedar Point Rss Feed