General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Planning on repeating some of this year's races, next year? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-09-24 2:04 PM
in reply to: #3114775

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Planning on repeating some of this year's races, next year?
I’m racing the Olympic Rev3 in CT next year for the second time. I’m pretty sure I can cut some time off, since I barely trained for it this year and had a tough time just finishing, but mostly I’m racing it again because my family and I had a great time at the event. If you’ve never done a Rev3 event, I highly recommend them.

Actually, most of the races that I’ve done, I’ve done more than once. Most of the races that I’ve done, I’ve chosen because the venue is close to home, or close to family, or is somewhere that we like to visit.

2010-09-24 6:49 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO
I try to do each race at least twice to see how/if I've improved.   Then I move on to something else.  I like using tri's as mini-vacations so it's always nice to see some different terrain/landscapes.  2011 my focus will be on the bike so I don't plan on having a heavy race schedule.  I've toyed with going back and doing the nasty tri's of my past hee hee. My very first try-a-tri where the waves threatened to wash me ashore!  Tempting
2010-09-25 9:36 AM

User image

Master
Central Indiana
Just finished only 2nd season, but I did a mix of repeats & new races (inc. my 1st HIM). 
Repeats were both significantly faster than my rookie year, but making 'beat last yr' your main goal can be a performance limiter.  Totally stupid pacing in my 1st Oly last yr led to very sad 3:16 time (hammered bike like a 'crit race & cramped bad throughout the run). This year (near identical course & hotter Aug weather) I made my main goal to break 3hr.  Despite too fast swim & bad leg cramps @ T1, recovered to ride smooth, fast bike leg.  Looked at my time & realized all I had to do was stay upright on run to beat my goal.  Just cruised the 10k to easily break 3h (2:52), but had way too much left at the finish.  Felt good to beat my goal, but later a little guilty that it was not my best effort.  Maybe next year.....
2010-09-25 10:32 AM

User image

Master
Midlothian, VA
Definitely.

If I haven't relocated I will for sure. (I'm trying to find a job, and I probably wont bother traveling a lot for a sprint and some Olys. The Hy-Vee though maybe worth a road-trip.)

This was/is my first season, and I'd definitely like to repeat my first race.  Coming at it next year I'd have experience, hundreds if not thousands of bike miles logged, less weight on my body and probably a race bike too.  Should be a night and day difference and I want to go back and race my own ghost.  Woohoo.

-eric 
2010-09-25 2:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Colfax, NC
I may have a spreadsheet with all the races at Tanglewood with splits.  I'll never say for sure!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Planning on repeating some of this year's races, next year? Rss Feed  

of 2