General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Slept on stomach last night - now lower back hurts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-18 2:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Slept on stomach last night - now lower back hurts
So last night, I guess I slept through the entire night on my stomach. Woke up this morning in pain, but still went swimming.

So is it safe to run and/or bike with an inflamed lower back? I mostly feel it in the left hip, so I must have had my leg turned out or something all night long... the pain sucks! So, safe to run/bike tonight? Isn't it about the same as sleeping in a bad position, and say your neck hurting the next day?

2011-01-18 2:57 PM
in reply to: #3307026

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mendenhall, MS
Subject: RE: Slept on stomach last night - now lower back hurts

This is coming from someone who has back surgery and cannot sleep on stomach at all. I would take it easy for a day atleast. Take a few aleve and call it a day.

2011-01-18 10:05 PM
in reply to: #3307026

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: RE: Slept on stomach last night - now lower back hurts
kevmk81 - 2011-01-18 1:50 PM

So last night, I guess I slept through the entire night on my stomach. Woke up this morning in pain, but still went swimming.

So is it safe to run and/or bike with an inflamed lower back? I mostly feel it in the left hip, so I must have had my leg turned out or something all night long... the pain sucks! So, safe to run/bike tonight? Isn't it about the same as sleeping in a bad position, and say your neck hurting the next day?

Pain is a signal from your body that you'll have to learn to listen to. I'm not going to suggest running or not running...but if you weren't training for a tri how would that change your decision?

I frequently will try some light exercise if I'm having pain, most often swimming...but you'll have to learn to listen to your own body's signals.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Slept on stomach last night - now lower back hurts Rss Feed