General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Planet X Trials Bike For Sale in K'zoo Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-19 4:26 PM

Subject: Planet X Trials Bike For Sale in K'zoo
***I know that this isn't the typical forum for a trials bike, but we're all crazy nuts doing multisport and have lots of varied interests. And someone might have a kid who's more interested in this side of the human-propelled vehicle than a TT/road bike. Take a look. Someone wants this baby!*** 

My poor Planet X trials bike is depressed after sitting around the last 2 years collecting dust. This isn't the typical Planet X trials bike you'd see working a corner---she's got class and is beautiful. She sports a the Hawaiian paint scheme, has an all black Planet X trials fork, has a full custom build by a professional bike shop mechanic (me), and has custom laced wheels. She's had $1800 in upgrades and has many years of love and life left in her. I love this bike, but every relationship comes to its end and we've had an amicable break-up; she just needs new love. She sports the usual trials bike wear---scratched cranks, bashguard, and chainstay but she's in fantastic condition and has years of life left. 

Asking $600 obo. I'm located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, so probably inconvenient to meet up anywhere but am able to ship. I'll ship through the bike shop I wrench at and will professionally box/package/ship it. Shipping will be actual shipping costs at my shop-reduced rate. Paypal, through a confirmed account, is the preferred method of payment. 

Photos linked here. Want her stats? See below: 

Crank/BB: Truvativ Howitzer Trials. (22t and bashguard plus a DH ring for urban assault riding included.
Brake Calipers: BB7 brakes 185mm front 203mm rear with full red Nokon cables. Buttery smooth and f'ing incredible stopping power. 
Levers: Avid single digit SL (Titanium hardware.
Bars/grips: Light green Monty trials riser bars with 3/4 extensions attached to each end, salsa lock on grips. 
Stem: Kore 4 bolt stem. 
Headset: FSA DH, with 1/4 bb bottom cup for increased durability. 
Saddle: Who uses a saddle on a trials bike? Basic Bontrager saddle. 
Pedals: Oddessy Triple Trap, heavily used but still in great shape. 
Front Wheel: Alex DX32 laced to a DT Swiss 440 freeride hub using DT spokes of course. Wheel is bombproof. Custom laced by me. 
Rear Wheel: ZHI 48mm wide rim with drillouts to reduce weight. Laced to a Hope Pro II Trials specific hub. The trials version has stronger pawls and a faster and more reliable engagement system then the standard Pro II. Hub is a bolt on, similar to a Chris King fun bolt set up. 6 cog spacing for almost zero dish, running a single Surly 19th Cog right now. Custom laced @ Trialsin USA. 
Tensioner: Shimano 105 derailleur modified to hold taut tension (A spring and cog removed, works perfect

2011-07-13 12:43 PM
in reply to: #3309666

Subject: RE: Planet X Trials Bike For Sale in K'zoo

I've been looking for a trials bike do you still have it?  Would you take 500 if I came and picked it up?

Also if you could reply to [email protected], that would be awesome!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Planet X Trials Bike For Sale in K'zoo Rss Feed