General Discussion Triathlon Talk » anyone doing the Schiff-Scout Off-Road Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-11 9:37 PM

Expert
Miller Place, Long Island
Subject: anyone doing the Schiff-Scout Off-Road Triathlon
hi

I am thinking of entering the Schiff-Scout Off-Road sprint Triathlon. I have never done a tri before and it is in 17 days!!! The race consists of a .5 mile swim 10 mile mountain bike and a 3.1 mile trail run. I am not sure if I am ready, tell me what you think. I run 4 miles a day three-four times a week and average about 38 minutes each time. I mountain bike like crazy and I am not too concerned about that. The swimming is what is really scaring me. It is a .5 mile swim and I haven't swam in about a year. Is .5 mile swim considered a long swim? can I be ready in 2 weeks? Has anyone ever done this race before? If i enter will I be the one in the worst shape and be destined to finish last? Thanks.

2005-08-19 9:21 AM
in reply to: #223413

User image

Subject: RE: anyone doing the Schiff-Scout Off-Road Triathlon
hey...I'm doing this race with a friend and it will both be our first tri's so we're pretty much in the same boat as you. I think you're doing fine with your training...you're doing more than I am, lol. I'm basically just gonna try and finish the race, if i enjoy it, i'll prepare better for next years race. plus i hear the after race bbq is pretty good. Good Luck
Doug
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » anyone doing the Schiff-Scout Off-Road Triathlon Rss Feed