General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Why not tri? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-04 9:50 AM

User image

Veteran
Pennsyltucky
Subject: Why not tri?

Hey everybody.  I just finally registered instead of lurking like I usually do.  I am in my wifes words "Tyring to be a teenager again."   In my younger years I was a competitive swimmer from age 5-18.  I would ride my bike the 14 mile round trip to swim practice, swim for 90 minutes, and not think anything of it.  I also ran distance (track and cross country) in high school.

Then kids came and life took me away from everything except working to support our family and all that it entails.  I am now 33 and did four 5k's last year and it felt good.  I even placed top three in my age group for two of them.  Well, now I have decided to take it to the next level and try a triathlon.  Well, a sprint, but who knows what may follow.

Thanks for all of the information I have already gained from this site, and I look forward to much more in the future.

Randy

2011-03-04 9:53 AM
in reply to: #3382483

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Why not tri?

Welcome Randy, congrats on your placement last year. Triathlon is an awesome sport. I actually picked it up ast year and have been totally addicted. Do you have any races yet? Anyway, feel free to ask any questions you'd like there are tons of people able and willing to answer your questions. Most important thing, have fun and race your race

Scott

2011-03-04 10:26 AM

User image

Veteran
Rockford, MI
Absolutely you should jump into it, you will get addicted to it.  In fact, last year I had a Tri shirt and had the words, "Why not Tri?" put on the front of it. Laughing
2011-03-04 11:48 AM

New user

Good for you!  I am in the same boat I can't offer much advice I am new to this also but it is always nice to know you aren't alone. 

2011-03-04 12:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Pennsyltucky

Thanks everyone. 

I have picked out two sprint triathlons for this year.  The first is in June, and the second is in late August.  I addition I will be doing the local 5k's to support the community organizations, there are five of those throughout the year.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Why not tri? Rss Feed