General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey everyone Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-22 8:48 AM

Subject: Hey everyone
Hi, I have been thinking of doing tri for a long time (years actually) then I never did, I did marathons instesd, then I started to have kids then during my last pregnancy my friends got into tris and all I did was sit and watch them train and talk the talk, I was sooooo (privatly) jealous that I was almost angry, I rode that damn stationary bike the whole pregnancy and started running as soon as I could (baby was 3weeks) I am so motivated to do them next season when the baby is old enough to leave for long times (can't do it now as the baby needs my breasts and will for at least the next year) For now I will continue to run and dream but will use you all as a reminder of how bad I am looking forward to next summer!. So that is my story.

2005-08-22 10:27 AM
in reply to: #230406

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eagleville,
Subject: RE: Hey everyone

Congrats on the new baby. Also, good luck at starting to train.  You will find that there are many new and older mothers here.  Some with few weeks to few months old babies to same with adult children.  I am sure you will find many here to give you all kinds of advice.  Good luck on your dreams and goals of doing tris next season.  Keep us up to date and don't forget to use your training log here at BT.  Welcome to the crazy world of tri athletes.

Dirk.

2005-08-22 7:46 PM
in reply to: #230406

User image

Master
South Florida
Hi...welcome...if you train for sprint tris, you don't have to leave baby for long periods...there are quite a few nursing moms on this forum- seek them out    just beware-it's an addiction (as I'm sure you learned from your friends).  Good luck and enjoy!!
2005-08-23 9:34 AM
in reply to: #231331

Well I know that I could fit a sprint in but it is the long training sessions that are hard, a 1 hour or even 2 hour run is a super workout but to fit in the swim time and the bike time this season seems a bit tough, I don't give bottles so when the baby is hungry I'm the only one who will do. I actually have to give my route out to the babysitter so that if I am too long she can drive out to me and I feed the baby then I finish my run. I do juggle the schedule plus with the two older kids as well, I need to put them first. Anyhow a year actually less if I'm thinking of May is really not that far off I want to enjoy the baby period because before I now it she will be grown up. I have the rest of my life to train and only a few years to enjoy the young years of my kids. I have 4-5 running races planned and that feels okay for now. Thanks for letting me know about the other nursing moms!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey everyone Rss Feed