General Discussion Triathlon Talk » VA Beach area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-27 11:49 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Subject: VA Beach area

Hello Virginians.  My family and I are coming to VA next week. We're staying in Sandbridge (just south of VA Beach).  Any recommendations on things to do? I used to vacation a lot here when I was in HS but that was quite some time ago.  I love the area and I'm looking forward to coming back.  We are just renting a beach house and will mostly be relaxing but I didn't want to miss anything   Also, good place to watch fireworks on the 4th?  My parents are coming with us and are hopefully going to babysit our 4-month old so we can have a little free time finally   Any recommendations on places to take my wife? I was thinking a boat cruise in Norfolk (American Rover)?  Thanks everyone in advance!

2011-06-27 1:13 PM
in reply to: #3569267

User image

Master
Woodbridge , Virginia
Subject: RE: VA Beach area
Fireworks will be in Norfolk and Va Beach for sure..

The Oceanfront typically has them. Not sure what happens in Sandbridge. But theres a resturant call Baja. Good place to eat. At night there's typically live music.

Downtown Norfolk has fireworks as well. There's the American Rover, which is the tour boat.. there are two rovers.. ones a tour and the other is a party boat.. i get them confused. theres also the spirit of norfolk..

Traffic will be horrible going to both places.. because you are in sandbridge, i would say go to oceanfront (fireworks usually last a half hour).. you can make a day of it.. fun in the sun.. chow, and wonder around..

here's a link to the local paper.. http://hamptonroads.com/events/searchdate/1309492800
it will show the happening around..

hope this helps some
2011-06-29 3:16 PM
in reply to: #3569465

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Subject: RE: VA Beach area

momo - 2011-06-27 1:13 PM Fireworks will be in Norfolk and Va Beach for sure.. The Oceanfront typically has them. Not sure what happens in Sandbridge. But theres a resturant call Baja. Good place to eat. At night there's typically live music. Downtown Norfolk has fireworks as well. There's the American Rover, which is the tour boat.. there are two rovers.. ones a tour and the other is a party boat.. i get them confused. theres also the spirit of norfolk.. Traffic will be horrible going to both places.. because you are in sandbridge, i would say go to oceanfront (fireworks usually last a half hour).. you can make a day of it.. fun in the sun.. chow, and wonder around.. here's a link to the local paper.. http://hamptonroads.com/events/searchdate/1309492800it will show the happening around.. hope this helps some

Thanks so much for the tips. I am basically just looking forward to the beach and vacationing a little..I am ready now haha. Thanks again.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » VA Beach area Rss Feed