Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Aqua-bike in Ontario? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-21 2:37 PM

User image

Toronto-ish
Subject: Aqua-bike in Ontario?

Are there any aqua-bike races in Southern Ontario?

Despite trying, I'm just not a runner.

2011-07-21 2:51 PM
in reply to: #3608746

User image

Toronto, ON
Subject: RE: Aqua-bike in Ontario?
Most of the MSC races that don't usually sell out have an aqua-bike option for their races. You basically just retire after the bike and save yourself a few bucks. I've been either doing that or just entering the full races and retiring anyway, since I can't do much (any) running this year.

I've also heard Somersault does a lot of interesting combos of different events, maybe they'd have something that could work too.
2011-07-27 4:05 PM

Master
Kitchener

Actually all three Ontario series have the aqua/bike races now.   Multisport has more than Trisport.   Multisport offers it pretty much every event as does Somersault.    They have all distances - sprint, olympic, half-iron and Somersault even offers Iron aqua/bikes.  

Originally introduced for those training for IM races who didn't want to do the run, now a majority of the participants are people who are temporarily injured and can't run or those who just don't want to run anymore.   

I wish there was more marketing of them because alot of people don't even know they exist, and it is alot more fun when you have 50 or more athletes to compete with.   They seem to be more popular in the States and depending on the series, complete with awards and finishing medals.   

One advantage of not doing the run is that you are able to go all out of the bike and leave everything on the course.   It really improves your cycling.  

The only negative for me is that I find it a bit deflating when finishing the Ontario races, and you don't even get a bottle of water or acknowledgment of your efforts.  

I hope to get back to running next year, but in the mean time next aqua/bike for me is Cobourg (olympic).   A challenging swim and bike course.    Orillia is a great course for the swim/bike as well.   

2011-09-20 6:56 PM

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
Cedar Point Rev 3 had one!  That is pretty close!
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Aqua-bike in Ontario? Rss Feed