General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriRock San Diego - Sprint Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-27 9:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: TriRock San Diego - Sprint Course : Official Thread
I know a lot of the talk is on the Olympic thread, but who else is racing. Awesome race and a good course. I just wish the swim was longer and the run was shorter

2011-08-30 2:29 PM
in reply to: #3662401

Brawley (Middle of the Desert), CA
Subject: RE: TriRock San Diego - Sprint Course : Official Thread
I will be racing the Sprint Distance.  I wish the swim was longer and run shorter on all races.  The running kills me, but now I am finding that my run times are improving but not by bike times.  I do have a question.  I did the Surf Town Tri and used an old wetsuit, but was still freezing!  Any thoughts on the water inside at the Embarcadero as opposed to the ocean.  It should be a bit warmer but am not sure how much!?!
2011-09-05 9:11 PM

New user
Indio, CA

This will be my first triathlon ever.  I'm excited but nervous.  I've heard people suggest to have "throw away shoes" near the exit of the water to put on when running to T1. Then you can just throw them away later.  Is it possible to plant some aqua shoes somewhere before the race starts?

Any other advice for a fresh newbie? I'm hoping the bike won't be difficult.

How big is the bike rack area? Is it hard to find your bike?

2011-09-05 10:01 PM

User image

Phoenix

i'm in too, flying in from phoenix on saturday morning...i love san diego tris!

2011-09-06 2:06 AM
in reply to: #3674038

User image

Veteran
From what I remember last year, the distance to transition is like a matter of less than 10 yards, and then transition is a grass area which has been maintained. No need for the shoes.
2011-09-08 7:42 PM

User image

Veteran
ATTENTION- Make note of the new course change due to security issues at the Naval Base. I just saw this today on their twitter feed. 

2011-09-09 10:53 AM

Brawley (Middle of the Desert), CA

Course Change:  Hey all just though I would let everyone know that the course has been changed because of the security threats...we will not be riding onto the base.  The event website has new information.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriRock San Diego - Sprint Course : Official Thread Rss Feed