General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HITS Triathlon series-Cable, WI Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-09-25 5:55 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: HITS Triathlon series-Cable, WI
Anybody looking into doing this new series of races. I'm specifically looking into the full distance in Cable WI. Looks like the organizers are retooling and revamping as they go along. Previously distances were close to regular half and full distance but after people complained they are all regular distance. Plus prices have dropped some. After missing the signup for IMWI this looks interesting. Would like to know if other BT'ers will be there, makes it so much more fun.

2011-09-25 6:14 PM
in reply to: #3699705

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: HITS Triathlon series-Cable, WI

How would you feel to do a IM with less than 100 participants? Not sure how it will fill but could be small race. To put on 12 new IM distance races in one year is big job. I've heard positive things about this organization.

Local race director tried to do IM distance race...I did it first year as part of relay...maybe 80 individual or team racers. Next year major bike course change again small turn out. They have not done it since.

We finished around 12 hours and the only people at finish were 3 finish line volunteers, bored and not into the job, and our team and family members so maybe 10 people.

What do you think of loop courses?

2011-09-26 2:07 PM

Veteran

If your looking at a midwest full that you can get into late. I did Rev3 in Ohio.  Good Race, great people.  This will be their 3rd year so they are a little more established.  This year About 900 doing the half 500 doing the full. a handfull more doing the aquabike. The Full starts is a 7am mass beach start the 1/2 starts at around 8 with a  wave start. The course has a lot of out and backs so you don't really feel alone until the end of the run (if you finish in the dark).  Even @ 9:30 I still had plenty people to run/walk with.

HITS could be good I was thinking about the 1/2 since it's earlier but its a risk. Just like Rev3 I hope they make it and can provide a quality alternative to Mdot races.

2011-09-27 2:09 AM

User image

Regular
Tomahawk
I am also looking at doing the HITS full distance.  I am in north central WI and I figure its close for a first full distance.  I figure on being able to visit that area to cover the course just to be familier with it.  Since it will be my first full it really wouldn't bother me to have fewer people. 
2011-09-27 8:15 AM
in reply to: #3701557

User image

Elite
N Carolina

webertp - 2011-09-27 3:09 AM I am also looking at doing the HITS full distance.  I am in north central WI and I figure its close for a first full distance.  I figure on being able to visit that area to cover the course just to be familier with it.  Since it will be my first full it really wouldn't bother me to have fewer people

Don't underestimate the boost you get from having company on the course, especially at the IM distance.  Most people go through very extreme mental ups and downs (I know I certainly did) and having people around you is one of the best ways to through the low spots.  Just my 2 cents......

2011-09-27 10:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Arden Hills, MN

mndiver - 2011-09-25 5:55 PM Anybody looking into doing this new series of races. I'm specifically looking into the full distance in Cable WI. Looks like the organizers are retooling and revamping as they go along. Previously distances were close to regular half and full distance but after people complained they are all regular distance. Plus prices have dropped some. After missing the signup for IMWI this looks interesting. Would like to know if other BT'ers will be there, makes it so much more fun.

I'm in the same boat - I want to do an iron distance race next year but missed out on CDA and Imoo.   I'm considering:

Rev3 Cedar Point, IM AZ, B2B, and Vineman. 

IM AZ and B2B worry me because it would likely mean some very long rides on the trainer come October and early November.  

I'm a bit skeptical on the HITS thing - at the very least I'd want to give it a year or 2 and see what folks say about it.   But that's just my .02...

2011-09-27 11:24 AM
in reply to: #3702071

User image

Elite
DB - 2011-09-27 10:48 AM

mndiver - 2011-09-25 5:55 PM Anybody looking into doing this new series of races. I'm specifically looking into the full distance in Cable WI. Looks like the organizers are retooling and revamping as they go along. Previously distances were close to regular half and full distance but after people complained they are all regular distance. Plus prices have dropped some. After missing the signup for IMWI this looks interesting. Would like to know if other BT'ers will be there, makes it so much more fun.

I'm in the same boat - I want to do an iron distance race next year but missed out on CDA and Imoo.   I'm considering:

IM AZ and B2B worry me because it would likely mean some very long rides on the trainer come October and early November.  

I'm a bit skeptical on the HITS thing - at the very least I'd want to give it a year or 2 and see what folks say about it.   But that's just my .02...

This is funny because these are the exact thoughts I have had completely. Only additional idea I have has has been to do IMLP as a community fund spot. But man does that start to get spendy.
2011-09-27 11:27 AM
in reply to: #3702071

User image

Elite
N Carolina
DB - 2011-09-27 11:48 AM

IM CDA and IM Moo still have Foundation slots available.  I know its more expensive, just wanted you to know of that option.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HITS Triathlon series-Cable, WI Rss Feed