General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hey Rochester folks, need some local info... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-10 7:31 AM

User image

Veteran
Apex, NC
Subject: Hey Rochester folks, need some local info...

I will be in Rochester (for the first time ever!) this weekend for business.  I have to cram in a long run (14 miles) for a race in a couple of weeks.  I am staying at the Doubletree on 150 South Broadway but I can rent a car.

Any tips on a good multi-use trail or scenic route nearby?  Thanks!

2011-10-10 8:24 AM
in reply to: #3717442

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Hey Rochester folks, need some local info...
smoom - 2011-10-10 7:31 AM

I will be in Rochester (for the first time ever!) this weekend for business.  I have to cram in a long run (14 miles) for a race in a couple of weeks.  I am staying at the Doubletree on 150 South Broadway but I can rent a car.

Any tips on a good multi-use trail or scenic route nearby?  Thanks!

A bump for smoom

You lucky guy!  Rochester is soooooo exciting

I hope some current Rochester residents will pipe in, but just in case I will add my two cents.  I lived there through high school and I assume that the area around silver lake will work great.  If you look at the map, you will see you're only a few blocks from the Zumbro.  I would head on the streets in that direction and then head north.   I assume there's a path by the river and around the lake...  Although watch out for the goose poop!

Also, west of you, there's the area around St. Mary's hospital.  It will be hilly, but the houses are nice and fancy.    I bet you can make a very interesting circle route.  
2011-10-10 3:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rochester, MN
Rochester has a ton of bike paths and right by your hotel is kind of a hub.  As Emily suggested you can head towards Silver Lake.  You can go out to Quarry Hill or out to Mayowood or out to past McQuillan.  Over 85 miles of trails.  Check this link out http://www.rochestermn.gov/departments/park/trails/index.asp
2011-10-13 9:23 AM

User image

Veteran
Apex, NC
Thanks to both of you. Youre right, there appear to be miles and miles of trails. I'll try to map something out, put on my gps watch, then just run. Thanks again.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hey Rochester folks, need some local info... Rss Feed