General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Heart rate question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-09-25 4:10 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Heart rate question
Im new to tri training ive been training for about 2 months and within the last two weeks ive noticed that i have to run faster and bike harder to get my heart rate into my training zones. I though this was progress, but today i was told that im probably fatiged. I feel good, i sleep 8-12 hours a night and when i cant i take naps during the day. i eat well and intake enough calories ive lost maybe 6 pounds in the two months that ive been training. Just lookin for some input as to whether im makin progress or its that im fatiged

Edited by r6will 2005-09-25 4:15 PM

2005-09-25 6:52 PM
in reply to: #253117

User image

Elite
Chicago
Subject: RE: Heart rate question

r6will - 2005-09-25 3:10 PM Im new to tri training ive been training for about 2 months and within the last two weeks ive noticed that i have to run faster and bike harder to get my heart rate into my training zones. I though this was progress, but today i was told that im probably fatiged. I feel good, i sleep 8-12 hours a night and when i cant i take naps during the day. i eat well and intake enough calories ive lost maybe 6 pounds in the two months that ive been training. Just lookin for some input as to whether im makin progress or its that im fatiged

How has your RHR changed during this time?  This is another good indicator.

If your RHR has changed dramatically either up or down . . . this is a sign of fatigue.

2005-09-25 7:45 PM
in reply to: #253117

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Heart rate question
My RHR is usuall around 55 + or- 5, and still is. i also use my HRM. I have a polar 625x i use as both my running and cycling computer, it has a recovery test onit that measure RHR, HR as you stand, and standing HR, i use that 2-3 time a week. So there have been no significant changes in my RHR. Just having to work harder to raise my HR in training.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Heart rate question Rss Feed