Foley Rotary Club
80F / 27C
Overcast
Total Time = 28m 15s
Overall Rank = 15/50
Age Group = M 40-44
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Wife decided yesterday that we were going to go to Gulf Shores to ride bikes and since several of our friends were doing this race we should do it before our bike ride. I really didn't want to do it and tried to sway the wife into just doing a bike ride in Pensacola. The race had raw oysters at the post race event and she wanted them, so we go up and drove over to Foley (about an hour from here)
Event warmup:

half mile jog around the course.
Run
  • 28m 15s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

My ankle hadn't really recovered from last weeks race but I tried to have a good attitude. I went out right behind Marcy and stayed with her till around the half mile point. I passed her and told her I would see her in the last quarter. Felt okay after first half and pushed hard to the half way point. Pain kicked in on last quarter of mile 2 but I was trying to hold Marcy off. I knew I wasn't near PR pace, but still tried to work. Marcy caught me with half a mile to go. I stuck with her for a little but she pulled away in the last quarter. I was pleased that she was the only one to pass me in the second half of the race.
What would you do differently?:

Do recovery workout after every race and spend more time icing and elevating feet.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched a bit, then changed into street clothes.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Limited recovery effort.

Event comments:

I won my age group. It was a small field but I got a nice glass and I can't believe I won something in a running race. 2 weeks in a row with an award, gotta keep finding small town races that don't have big crowds. Marcy was 3rd Overall Female and our 2 friends finished 2nd and 4th overall. They had post race oysters, along with Pizza and beer. Tremendous number of door prizes, including a stay at the beach and a flat screen TV. I won an umbrella and a tee shirt. Had a great time!

Last updated: 2005-11-05 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:15 | 03.11 miles | 09m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 15/50
Performance: Below average
8:24 165 8:56 175 10:05 175 0:50 178
Course: Out .4, right turn for 1.55, turn around come back. Low traffic local road, not very scenic but well protected by police.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2005-11-05 5:45 PM

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Subject: Foley Rotary Oyster Run

2005-11-07 11:36 AM
in reply to: #278883

Expert
New Orleans, LA
Subject: RE: Foley Rotary Oyster Run
I won my age group.
Man, You just keep on kicking butt! Good Job!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Foley Rotary Oyster Run Rss Feed