General Discussion Race Reports! » GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Glendale, Arizona
United States
Tri-Family Racing
Total Time = 1h 34m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 45 - 49
Age Group Rank = 3/9
Swim
  • 10m 8s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 30s / 100 meters
Comments:

I had estimated my swim time at 9 minutes, so I was disappointed in my time. But, I forgot to allow for the part where we had to get out of the pool after 200 meters of serpentine, run 50 meters to the other end and then jump back in for the last 200 meters. I should have allowed perhaps 30 seconds for that. Also, I was held up three times when I needed to pass. It seemed like a lot of swimmers were doing the breast-stroke and even though the lanes were nice and wide, it was harder to pass them.
What would you do differently?:

Try to calm down.
Transition 1
  • 03m 3s
Comments:

I lost some time trying to pull on my long-sleeve jersey over my wet skin and tri-top. I had pinned my race number to the jersey, so I was committed to getting it on. The last race I did, I had used a different long-sleeve top which was easier to pull on. I think I will go ahead and get a race belt for the next event. Then, of course, putting on socks, shoes, helmet, and gloves ate up more time. I had decided to wear gloves because I like to have something to rub my nose since I usually start sniveling on the bike. (Last race I went without gloves and I didn’t like it.) Ironically, my nose stayed dry this time, so I could have gone without the gloves!
Bike
  • 39m 56s
  • 12 miles
  • 18.03 mile/hr
Comments:

I had targeted 40 minutes for the bike leg. The course included some loops inside a parking lot and that dropped my average. But I think slowing down in the parking lot may have actually helped me rest abit for the rest of the course. I did worry that I was pushing too hard on the bike and that I would have problems during the run.
Transition 2
  • 01m 53s
Comments:

This was okay. I took a few extra seconds for a drink and I walked instead of jogging through the transition area.
Run
  • 39m 17s
  • 3.9 miles
  • 10m 04s  min/mile
What would you do differently?:

I felt pretty tired starting the run, but was okay after about 8 minutes. This was actually a decent pace for me. On a good day, I can get below a 10-minute mile.
Post race
Event comments:

A good event. I like the friendly atmosphere of the organizers, volunteers, competitors and spectators.

A special thanks to my wonderful husband who came with me, took pictures, and even jogged the last 20 yards with me (even though he has a blown-out knee!)

Last updated: 2005-11-09 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:08 | 400 meters | 02m 30s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/9
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course: The pool was 50 meters with a bulkhead divider. We swam serpentine for 200 meters, climbed out and ran down the length of the pool, jumped back in and swam another 200 meters.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:03
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:39:56 | 12 miles | 18.03 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: 3 laps of a 4 mile course. A few tight turns in the parking lot, but overall an okay course.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:53
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:39:17 | 03.9 miles | 10m 04s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-11-09 9:41 AM

User image

Georgetown, TX
Subject: GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed