General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Arizona - Tri newby Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-02-02 11:47 AM

User image

Mesa
Subject: Arizona - Tri newby
Hello,
I decided at the beginning of the year to do my first triathlon. I am training to do the Olympic distance at the Rocky Point triathlon on April 29th.

I have a running back ground although have not been a competitive runner or much of a runner for years. I am 32 now and used to race from the mile to 1/2 marathon from the age of 11 to about 23.

I wanted to do a triathlon when I was in high school but after going to the swimming pool I scratched the idea . Now I have dedicated myself to learn how to swim properly, joined a gym with a lap pool and bought the Total Immersion "Free Style Made Easy" DVD and "Triathlon Swimming Made Easy" book.

As for biking, I have purchased a Fuji Aloha triathlon bike and I am enjoying riding it very much. I have had it for 3 weeks now and it sure is a fun and fast bike.

- Andy

2006-02-02 12:46 PM
in reply to: #337285

User image

Master
Pulaski TN
Subject: RE: Arizona - Tri newby
Welcome and good luck this year!!
2006-02-02 1:20 PM

Welcome fellow Arizona tri newby. It sounds like you have already tapped into some strong resources by getting the Total Immersion videos. Those are amazing and they have really helped my swimming. I have only been on this site for a short time, but I think it's a great resource from logging training to chatting about races and training.

Good luck in your first race. "Warning - Triathlon is an extremely addicting sport. You've been warned"
2006-02-02 1:27 PM

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
Hi Andy,

I started swimming a little over a year ago (much thanks to racelab and TI swimming) and have done 4 olympics and a half iron since then. So I agree, keep up with the TI stuff. I've also had some private lessons from Anne @ Camelback Coaching (in Scottsdale), who teaches using TI (she's on TI's website).

I did Rocky Pt last year, and doing it this year as a relay. See you there!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Arizona - Tri newby Rss Feed