Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Kids refuse to raise money by selling candies Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2006-02-13 3:23 PM
in reply to: #344979

Veteran
Michigan
Subject: RE: Kids refuse to raise money by selling candies

tmwelshy - 2006-02-13 4:04 PM I don't understand - with "no child left behind", I feel completely confident that my child will have an excellent education.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Thanks, I really needed a good laugh today! 

2006-02-13 3:53 PM
in reply to: #344979

User image

Master
State of Confusion
tmwelshy - 2006-02-13 3:04 PM

I don't understand - with "no child left behind", I feel completely confident that my child will have an excellent education.

I think I detect a note of sarcasm.
2006-02-13 6:11 PM
in reply to: #343145

Elite Veteran
I agree with Core's assessment that reading is really, really important.

This thread has taken so many twists and turns! The original point--having kids sell things to raise money for things--is both good and bad. I buy something from each and every kid who rings my door bell. Always. And I hope I'm doing my part to send the band to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (or what ever). When my daughter has had to sell things (usually wrapping paper), I place a large order and that's that. She isn't going door-to-door because it has usually required too much of my time.

With respect to a trip to DC, I encourage each and every citizen to visit. A picture really is worth a thousand words. Your taxpayer funds at work, folks....But one of our family values is to show our daughter the world so she has seen a lot of it.

Yes, the question as to why stop at DC, and not Rome, Paris, Madrid, etc.? I agree, don't stop at DC. Go see the other places as well. I realize other families place a lower value on national and international travel than we do, and there isn't anything wrong with that, either.

And Chucky, if your son had to learn about Nubia, he probably had to learn about Egypt and the Nile as well. That, too, is also a fascinating place. I'm not sure studying Nubia was a complete waste of time.

And with respect to enrichment activities? I'm really happy with whatever the schools offer, but I consider enrichment activities to be one of my main parental responsibilities. I'd never consider the school to be the only provider of my daughter's education.

Just some random thoughts on a Monday night in what I'm sure will be the last post on the thread (my specialty).

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Kids refuse to raise money by selling candies Rss Feed  

of 3