General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 305 Multisport mode... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-06 6:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: 305 Multisport mode...

When using the Garmin 305 in multisport mode, I have it set for biking, transition, running. During the final running mode, is there any way to set it up to keep track of mile split times?

In run mode of course I simply hit the lap button to get my split, but when in multisport mode, all it does is think its another transition when hitting the lap button.

Is the only way to keep track of mile splits to hit the lap button, and then later analyze the run split info and figure it out from there? Obviously, the software result spreadsheet for the run would show, run, transition, run,ect.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated, thanks.

2011-11-06 6:56 PM
in reply to: #3835940

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Subject: RE: 305 Multisport mode...

Do you have it set to autolap while only in running mode?  If not hit mode > training > training options > autolap and then set the "autolap trigger" for distance and the "lap at" for 1.00mi

I haven't tried Multisport mode yet so I'm not sure if it will work but give it a shot.

2011-11-06 9:32 PM
in reply to: #3835985

User image

Extreme Veteran
Acworth, GA
tbcoffee - 2011-11-06 7:56 PM

Do you have it set to autolap while only in running mode?  If not hit mode > training > training options > autolap and then set the "autolap trigger" for distance and the "lap at" for 1.00mi

I haven't tried Multisport mode yet so I'm not sure if it will work but give it a shot.

The autolap trigger works just as described above.  I have my autolap on 3 miles for the bike and 1 mile for the run mode.  So during races, it automatically gives me those splits.

So when in multisport mode, just hit the lap button for the transition then to run, then the lap button when you finish.  That's all you need to do yet will still have all your mile splits.

2011-11-08 6:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention this important factor......I was using the multisport mode indoors on the trainer and treadmill, for a brick workout, right after it snowed in our neck of the woods, haha!

Outside, in totally understand how to use the multisport mode with the help of the 305's GPS tracking, but indoors its a different story. I will spin for a select amount of time, hope off the bike, transition to running shoes, and hope onto the treadmill for a selected amount of time; hence an indoor brick workout. Usually when I only run indoors on the treadmill, I can't use the GPS tracking of course, and I don't have a foot pod matched with my 305. I will usually start the 305 and the treadmill clocks together, and then after seeing I have reached a mile distance on the treadmill, I will hit the lap button on the 305; doing this for every mile I generate my log of info on my mile splits.

Thinking about it and reading up, I think I would have to match a foot pod with the 305 in order to get the accurate mile splits indoors, since the GPS isn't working indoors on the treadmill to track my progress.

Thanks for the tips ya'll.

2011-11-08 1:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rochester, MN
Yup, the foot pod with autolap for running set to 1 mile will do it for you. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 305 Multisport mode... Rss Feed