General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Extreme Newbie needing help Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-02-27 1:41 PM

User image

Expert
Ross, Ohio
Subject: Extreme Newbie needing help
OK, I have done it. I have registered for a short tri(canoe6, run6, bike18). I went and printed out the Original 13 week training schedule. However I do not understand the schedule. For example in the first week on Tuesday for bike it shows bike - X. Does this mean no bike? I do not think it does since the next week it shows bike - X+10%. Can someone help me figure this out?

I was also wondering since I do not have a swim, but a canoe(yea I am a wimp) should i substitute something in place of the swim workout? I was thinking about elyptical to minimize the stress on my knees and ankles. I have bad knees from football, but I am determined to get through this.

Finally for all of the long time members of the site, what do you get by donating? What other options are unlocked and how beneficial are they? This will help me to decide what level to register at.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Buckeye

Edited by buckeye66 2006-02-27 1:50 PM

2006-02-27 2:27 PM
in reply to: #355642

Elite
Laurium, MI
Subject: RE: Extreme Newbie needing help

I looked at the plan and that part looks to be more of a bridge into the plan based off your current fitness level. So if you can't make the minimum distances for the plan, then you start off with X being your current normal distance/time. It's basicly telling you to up your volume 10% per week until you are ready to start the normal plan.

here's a description of the plans:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=58

Basicly the bronze level will allow you to import all the free plans into your training log and let you fully use the functions of the training log. You also get access to all the articles on the site.

The silver plan opens up the rest of the plans which are more detailed. so instead of the "run 30 min", the plan would outline that the run should be base, or hill repeats, or what HR zone to be in, ect.... The plans were designed by Mike Ricci from D3 multisport and are really great.

The gold plan is the same as the silver, plus you have access to ask Mike questions relative to your performance and your training plan.

you also get discounts on all kinds of swag at all membership levels.

Edited by vortmax 2006-02-27 2:28 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Extreme Newbie needing help Rss Feed