General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Snacking Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-16 6:55 PM

Subject: Snacking
I know that I am supposed to be eating every 3-4 hours, but it is the snacking between lunch and dinner that gets me. For example, today I had a nice lunch at 12 but by 3 I was low on energy and tired. I knew that my body needed something to eat so I went for pretzels, nuts, raisins and carrots with hummus. (YUM) But it seems that once I start snacking I always go back for more even if I portion out the amount of food I need. Now I feel guilty to eat a nutritious dinner. I ran and swam earlier in the day, is there anything wrong with the snacking binge? Should I just make the dinner smaller? Go for a run? Also, inbetween the run and swim, I had a yogurt with dry cereal (gave it about an hour to digest) is that ok?

2004-05-18 10:07 AM
in reply to: #25295

User image

Munich, Germany
Subject: RE: Snacking
I know exactly what you're talking about!!! I have the same snacking binge
The only solution I found for myself is not to snack in between meals at all anymore. I know that everyone tells you that you should eat more often but then less during the day. But I just end up eating a whole lot of more food during the day if I do that. So now I'm back to three nutritious meals a day and that works better for me. And I don't have the impression that that's affected my work outs in any negative way........
2004-05-18 3:29 PM
in reply to: #25624

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
I am with you Nicole.  My meals have to have a beginning and an end, and nothing in between.  Any other way and I will just have too much food, period.  My workouts are fine, no lack of energy, and I expect the same results come race day.
2004-05-19 4:47 PM
in reply to: #25295

User image

Regular
Oh my gosh I am so glad that I am NORMAL! Here I was thinking that I was the only peson who had trouble with the 3 meals 2 snacks thing. If I eat a well balanced breakfast then I don't get hungry until lunch. However, if I snack inbetween it starts this mental thing in my head (MUST EAT MORE FOOD, DON'T STOP, KEEP SNACKING). I think it is the subliminal messages from my snack drawer.
When I stick to a strick eating plan I do much better. I wonder if it is a female thing, the guys I know have no problem eating a snack and ending it.
I was also told that I may be lacking nutrients and that is why I have a hard time putting the breaks on snacking, but I think it is boredom.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Snacking Rss Feed