General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Setting an achievable goal Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-11-02 4:49 PM

Subject: Setting an achievable goal
I'm tired of being 27 and out of shape. I'm 5'11" and about 225lbs (my personal ideal weight is 175lbs). The beer and flat out lazyness has caught up to me. I have always been athletic but in the past few years since I've gotten married and settled into my adult life, I have put on way to many pounds. In order to combat this and increase my quality of life, I have decide to train for a sprint-triathlon. By coincidence, the triathlon falls on my birthday, April 15th, so I've got plenty of time to get ready. I think making a goal like this is better than sitting around going, "Damn I'm fat. I need to lose weight." Now I can work on the weight issue and have a goal to acheive while doing it.

2003-11-02 6:13 PM
in reply to: #1531

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Setting an achievable goal

u said it!  and i am tired of being 29!!!  i'm hanging onto that precipice by a thin thread of youth!

but seriously, ali, this will be one of the best things u will ever do for YOURSELF.  just as long as u stick with it and don't stop after the first...i'm sure u wont...u will get bit by the bug.  we r here to help.

welcome to this awesome sport.

2003-11-02 8:17 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome to a great sport and great place to find motivation and support!

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-11-04 2:41 PM

Good on you, I'm in the same position and also aiming towards a triathlon in April/March. Any advice you're getting on this forum, I'll be listening intently to! So good luck with everything and I hope we get there!
2003-11-05 2:14 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Setting an achievable goal Rss Feed