General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chlorine Allergy - Any suggestions? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-26 7:00 PM

Subject: Chlorine Allergy - Any suggestions?
I am completely congested within about 1/2 hr of getting out of the pool and am wondering if anyone has some secret to keeping the air flowing.

2004-05-26 7:08 PM
in reply to: #27492

Veteran
Northern IL
Subject: RE: Chlorine Allergy - Any suggestions?
This happens to me and I'm not allergic to chlorine. The pool where I swim at has bad water. Something happens about 2 months before they drain and clean it and I get non stop sneezing and blowing of the nose. The day after they drain the pool and clean I'm better for the next 10 months. There is chlorine in this pool so I don't know what could be causing these problems.

Mike
2004-05-26 7:14 PM
in reply to: #27492

Subject: RE: Chlorine Allergy - Any suggestions?

I have this problem on occasion. In one pool I was always congested, in another I was never congested. I don't know the answer to why. I do know that the more I kept swimming the problem basically went away. When it flares up I use a saline nasal spray which helps a little. Others have used allergy meds like Claritan, but I really don't like taking meds unless desparately necessary. So I either suffer with it when the spray doesn't work, or often am clear whether because of the spray or cleaned pool I don't know.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chlorine Allergy - Any suggestions? Rss Feed