General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Bike Rack Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2004-05-29 5:51 PM

User image

Expert
Torrington,CT
Subject: Bike Rack
I'm looking for a used bike rack that will fit on the trunk of a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville. The trunk has one of those fins on it, so it would have to fit over that.

Thanks,
Evelyn

2004-05-31 8:01 PM
in reply to: #28034

User image

Expert
New Mexico
Subject: RE: Bike Rack
I'm not familiar with the trunk design on your car, but i've had good luck with a "Saris Bones" rack. It fits over the spoiler on our chevy malibu and with minor adjustment I was able to make it fit on a ford crown vic. We've made three or four long trips with it loaded down in heavy wind, and the rack has stayed in place and not damaged our car. Extra straps and bungees have been efficient in keeping the bikes from swaying into the back of the car as well. I got mine through performance bike, but have seen them at other bike shops as well.
2004-06-03 9:29 PM

Evelyn,

I think I might have what you are looking for. Let me know if you have anymore quesitons.

Yellow Saris Bones Rear Bike Rack (Holds three bikes)

With a three-bike capacity and non-marring resin construction, you'll be on the road and wandering in no time.

The easy to install, bone solid, fun to look at Bones rack.

-Three bike capacity
-Fits most mountain, road, women's and children's bikes
-Built with 100% recyclable, non-rusting materials
-Easily adjusts to fit most vehicle style: sedans, hatchbacks and minivans
-Non-marring thermoplactic rubber feet won't mark up you car

I've recently purchased a roof rack from Thule and don't need the Bones anymore.

I'm asking $110 and that includes:
-Bones rack (color = yellow) (holds three bikes) (Retail = 139.99)
-Shipping (I'm guessing $20)
-Two Kryptonite KryptoFlex Cables + two locks to secure bikes to car (Retail = $40)

Any questions feel free to email or call
[email protected]
715-498-1500

Thanks,

Luke

(801O-MT1small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
801O-MT1small.jpg (9KB - 36 downloads)
2004-06-06 8:45 AM

User image

Expert
Torrington,CT
Thank you everyone!!!!

I found a Thule trunk mount rack for two bikes for $20. This will hold me until I get my new car (which I hope is soon). Got my eye on a Suburu Outback wagon. Then I'll spend the bucks on a hitch mount.

Thanks again.
Evelyn
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Bike Rack Rss Feed