General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Another fuelbelt question.. for the bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-03 12:53 AM

Subject: Another fuelbelt question.. for the bike
Gearing up for my first 1/2IM in a few weeks. For the shorter distances, I didn't look into a fuelbelt for the run. However, I am now and was wondering if anyone puts it on during T1 and use it during the bike. I guess for it to be affective you'd have to have a 2nd set of bottles to swap out during T2, or just carry enough throughout the bike and run legs. So maybe I've answered my own question ("no"), still, anyone wear it for the bike and run?

Guess this also addresses the possibility of using it as a racebelt for the number... no again.

2004-06-03 5:44 AM
in reply to: #28801

Subject: RE: Another fuelbelt question.. for the bike
I've done alot of triathlons but never have i seen anyone use a fuel belt while biking. you should be able to carry 1-2 water bottles on your bike, and in longer distance triathlons they will generally have a water bottle station some where along the race course. ( you drop off a empty bottle and grab a full one)
2004-06-03 8:21 AM

User image

Veteran
Philadelphia, PA
During brick workouts, I have worn the fuelbelt on the bike and I do not recommend it. The only reason I do it is b/c I don't have anywhere to leave it while on the bike. I train on a heavily used bke path and I know it would not be there waiting for me when I returned from the ride.
2004-06-03 4:03 PM

User image

Regular
Boston, MA
I would avoid the fuel belt on the bike. I agree with what was stated above, set up your bike to carry two or three bottles. I am a big fan of the profile designs aquarack it mounts on the seat post and is completely out of the way.
http://www.profile-design.com/product_pages/hydro_aquarack.html
2004-06-03 8:01 PM
in reply to: #28952

I've oft considered the Profile design aquarack, but will it mount under a seat bag (I have the Pearl Izumi saddle bag) and be out of the way? What are the advantages over conventional cages (aside from the aero thing). Would it compromise the aero POSITION, but can't see to many other possible +'s. Center of gravity really wouldn't be an issue, and you figure you'd want it as low to the ground as possible. As for reach, it would only be more difficult when on the aerobars. I'm stretching here, but thats all i could come up with.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Another fuelbelt question.. for the bike Rss Feed