Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Very New! Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-25 4:26 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Very New!

Hi everyone.

I'm Bronny.  i've always wanted to do a tri, but I've been overweight my whole life, so I've never had the courage.  I did a few fun runs last year, till I got sick.  The illness caused the weight to pile back on.  But I'm ready to get back into it.

I'm moving to the Knox area (as soon as i can get a house.  Everything else is organised, including preschool and day care for my 4 year old)  So I'll be looking into joining knox Tri Club.  (When i have the courage)

So I thought I'd just drop by and say Hi.  Who knows, you might just be overtaking me in a race someday!

~Bronny

2011-12-01 11:14 PM
in reply to: #3914494

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: RE: Very New!

Welcome Bronny.

You'll find the Knox club to be very welcoming and very well organised as well.  Like most clubs they have people of all abilities so don't hold off once you find the house from getting involved with them

2011-12-11 1:58 AM

User image

New user

Thanks for the feedback. I'm very self conscious about my weight and not being able to keep up. Which is a horrible mental block. But I might come down one time and see how I go.
2011-12-11 4:16 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne

Welcome!

It took me a long time to build up the courage to do a tri. Swimming, riding & running were daunting enough, let alone in lycra! But you know what, I've never regretted a race and I've learned so much about myself and what my body can do. And made some great friends in the process!

Have a great season!

2011-12-15 5:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Melbourne

Hey Bronny

Welcome to BT!  You'll enjoy it round here, most people are very friendly and helpful!

Sorry I can't help with tri clubs.... something I keep wondering about, but just end up doing all my training solo!

I used the training as a great way to lose weight - went from 95kg to 75kg in 2 years, effectively couch to HIM in that time.  Just enjoy yourself and don't put any pressure on yourself.

Have fun

Nigel

2012-01-08 4:38 PM

User image

Regular
Melbourne
Go for it Bronny,

I live in Melbourne and we are so lucky to have great areas to train- they bay for swims, Beach Road- or for the more ambitious plenty of hilly rides up in the Yarra Valley or down in the Otways. And plenty or races to push yourself if you feel like it.
My advise is to be consistent- and enjoy it!

Good luck!

Maree

2012-01-09 4:30 AM

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
Hi Bronny.Welcome.You should go have have a sticky beak at a couple of the races around here over the summer. You'll soon realize that beauty of this sport is that all shapes sizes, ages and abilities take part. And everyone seems to be smiling.Hope to see you out there soon.Tammie.
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Very New! Rss Feed