General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New friends ... New adventures Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-29 7:14 AM

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Subject: New friends ... New adventures

Daniel here...

I am a 52 year old teacher (midlife career changer - 7th grade lit/la) in the north Chicago suburbs.  All of the mentor programs are filled.  So, I am looking for a few friends to learn, motivate and figure out this triathlon excitement. 

As a teacher, I feel we can read, study and motivate each other to the finish line.  I finished a half winter marathon in downtown Chicago yesterday.  It was windy, icy and cold - fun.  I did well but have really slowed down over the years.  Did two sprint triathlons three years ago with no knowledge or training.  Had a blast but want to do it right this time around. 

If interested, let me know...

Daniel

2012-01-29 9:40 AM
in reply to: #4016765

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: New friends ... New adventures

Hi Daniel! Welcome to BT and welcome back to tri--congrats on the half mary, brrrrrrrrrr!

So ... there are a few ways to jump in here even with the mentor groups full.

1. There's a daily training thread in Tri Talk ... post your daily training (or rest, or life, or whatever) and encourage others ... you'll soon make quite a few new friends.

2. The Challenge Forum usually has several challenges going on (it's set your own goals, so no pressure).

3. Post in the Illinois forum and see who's in your area.

Good luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New friends ... New adventures Rss Feed