General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Diego swimming Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-13 10:41 AM

User image

New user
Long Island
Subject: San Diego swimming
Sorry if this has been posted before...I'm on my phone and it's not easy to search the forums.

I will be heading out to San Diego in march for my navy reserve training and I was hoping I could get some advice for pools/open water swims. I'll be staying in mission valley. Are there any pools that offer "free" (although nothing is ever free) swim at night in that area? I'd also like to take advantage of the nice weather and try to get in some ocean swims. We don't have that nice weather in New York.

Thanks in advance for you're help.

2012-02-13 12:00 PM
in reply to: #4044517

User image

Master
San Diego, CA
Subject: RE: San Diego swimming

Check out the Mission Valley YMCA, they have a pool that may have time in the evening.

Other options that are a little further away include JCC (I think they are open until 7:30 during the week) and UCSD (Canyonview pool is open until 8:00)  both are in La Jolla.

2012-02-14 11:13 AM
in reply to: #4044517

User image

San Diego, CA
Subject: RE: San Diego swimming

Coronado community pool is only $2 per visit and is usually has a 50m area open for swimming always.  If you join the SD Tri Club, there are weekly swims at the JCC in La Jolla as well as OW swims in La Jolla Cove and Solana Beach.  Like previous posters mentioned, Mission Valley YMCA has a great pool but it is $10 for a day pass.  If you want to swim here definitely get the membership at roughly $30 per month and use the gym and spin classes as well. 

As for free, there is always Mission Bay.  There are a couple of coves that I regularly swim in where the boat traffic is really light.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Diego swimming Rss Feed