Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Ah dont you just love the Corporate world Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2006-05-12 12:13 PM

User image

Elite
Raleigh
Subject: Ah dont you just love the Corporate world

Quotes from meetings, along with cute Dilbert drawings.

Subject: leadership?

A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert Quotes" contest. They were looking for people to submit quotes from their real-life Dilbert-type managers. These were voted the top ten quotes from the Dilberts we work for in corporate America , circa 2004:

" As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks."  (This was the winning quote from Fred Dales, Microsoft Corp. in Redmond WA )

" What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter."  (Lykes Lines Shipping)

" E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business."  (Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)

" This project is so important we can't let things that are more important interfere with it."  (Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)

" Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule." (Plant Manager, Delco Corporation)

" No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months.  Now go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them."  (R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)

Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say." (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)

My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss, he said she died on purpose so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me."  (Shipping executive, FTD Florists)

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees."   (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)

2006-05-12 12:15 PM
in reply to: #422090

Sydney Australia
Subject:
2006-05-12 12:21 PM

User image

COURT JESTER
ROCKFORD, IL
Subject: RE: Ah dont you just love the Corporate world

I JUST LOVE when the project manager asks me to do nearly anything from starting a design to changing a design.  Then when I show them what I did, I get this, "Well, what I was thinking was......"

COULD HAVE TOLD ME IN THE FIRST PLACE WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS WERE AND SAVED ME A FEW HOURS OF WORK AND MORE HOURS OF MAKING MORE CHANGES....NUMBNUTS!!!!

2006-05-12 12:24 PM
in reply to: #422101

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-05-12 12:38 PM
in reply to: #422101

Runner
tupuppy - 2006-05-12 1:21 PM

I JUST LOVE when the project manager asks me to do nearly anything from starting a design to changing a design. Then when I show them what I did, I get this, "Well, what I was thinking was......"

COULD HAVE TOLD ME IN THE FIRST PLACE WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS WERE AND SAVED ME A FEW HOURS OF WORK AND MORE HOURS OF MAKING MORE CHANGES....NUMBNUTS!!!!

Sounds like every software project I've ever worked on.

I had a project manager (well, that's what HE called himself) that would send us emails where the subject line WAS the email. No body, nothing. Just a subject line. He especially seemed to enjoy doing that when he wanted to tell us about a bug or error in our code.
Urge to kill......rising.......
2006-05-12 12:48 PM

Champion
Two seat rocket plane

At a company I used to work for we got.....

"All the servers are back up and running.

The Zeus server will be going down in five minutes for a patch"

I still chuckle about it

2006-05-12 1:38 PM

COURT JESTER
ROCKFORD, IL

This JUST in:

Project Manager: Make this changes to these plan sheets, print out 5 copies (15 total sheets, 24"x36" so we can submit them.

Me: DONE and give to PM.

PM: On this sheet I want you to show this, that and the other thing. On this page, make these changes.

Me: (THINKING) "I COULD HAVE USED THAT INFO THE FIRST TIME NUMBNUTS!!!!"

I think there's a reocurring theme going here.

2006-05-12 1:45 PM

Expert
Herndon VA

On one of my current projects, I've been pushing hard to document the requirements for the project.  When I was told by one of the bosses, "To quit trying to figure out what we need to do and just get it done".  While frustrating, it sure makes it easy to say the project is done and met all the requirements.

Ernie

2006-05-12 2:16 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Ah dont you just love the Corporate world Rss Feed