General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TOTW Toughest Sprint and Olympic in the local area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-04-05 10:00 PM
in reply to: #4053315

New user

Buford
Subject: RE: TOTW Toughest Sprint and Olympic in the local area
Lisa B - 2012-02-17 1:47 PM
cindi - 2012-02-17 1:30 PM
crazyalaskian - 2012-02-17 10:08 AM

As far as the hardest sprint, Iron Girls. Yep, I said it. Between the mountain you have to run up from the swim to the transition, the hoards of what seem to be suicidal/homicidal newbie cyclists (not that I have anything against newbies but in hoards they can be a very scary force) and the longer than normal bike course with plenty of hills, it's the toughest one I've experienced. 

suicidal/homicidal newbie cyclists... And here we have the single biggest reason I have sworn off IronGirl this year. That and the fact that I never want to utter the words "On your Left" that many times in an hour ever again.

I'll triple that - couple that with the fact that last year in May it was frigid it's my first year in 5 not doing it.

I experienced that stupid hill out of the water last year at the Lake Lanier tri and dreading it at the upcoming IronGirl, but now you have me worried/stressed about newbies! I figured since it's a longer bike course (which is uncomfortably hilly), that would discourage the newbies.

I also signed up for the Tugaloo Oly, which is also on this list, so apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment!!

2012-04-10 10:11 AM
in reply to: #4052324

User image

Expert
Roswell, GA
Subject: RE: TOTW Toughest Sprint and Olympic in the local area
For the Sprint, I gotta agree that John Tanner #1 is the worst in the area. Not necessarily cause the terrain is difficult, but timing of year: first race of the season for many and still shaking out the cobwebs from Winter. Not to mention that a lot of fast folks show up for this one, so competition is usually stiff.

Olympic, I dont really know too much. Hickory Knob right across the state line in South Carolina in October is pretty tough: very hilly swim exit, hilly bike, excruciatingly hilly run. Still a fun event though.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TOTW Toughest Sprint and Olympic in the local area Rss Feed  

of 2