Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Hey Melbournites - I'm back! Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-21 9:31 PM

User image

Regular
Melbourne
Subject: Hey Melbournites - I'm back!
Have been out of training for two and a half years or so (up until just recently - November), after knee surgery. Completely ruptured my patellar tendon believe it or not.

Decided I better get back into it, was getting quite unfit, and putting a little weight back on. A bit of imbalance too becasue of my wasted quad.

Anyway, commenced an Olympic Distance 16 week program in Nov, and will do the Portarlington Sprint Tri (its a little longer).

Have trimmed up nicely and am looking forward to it. Have had calf issues with my running and stuff, but now seem to be getting up and going just in time.

Long term, I want to do Noosa in 2013 in 2.15, have done it in 2.23 before and want to get back........ and beyond.

Maybe do:
- Great Ocean Rd Half Marathon
- Otway Classic Ride
- Shep HIM

I'm BACK !!!

2012-02-23 7:49 PM
in reply to: #4059619

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Hey Melbournites - I'm back!

Welcome back!  You should do Sandringham this weekend - 34 degrees and a northerly wind - actually I'm spectating, I did my first Oly there a few weeks back similar conditions but wind was 55kph northerly - makes for a fairly flat bay swim but the bike was hairy!

See you around!

2012-02-28 9:54 PM
in reply to: #4059619

User image

Veteran
Lyndhurst
Subject: RE: Hey Melbournites - I'm back!

Good luck in Portarlington!! I have a friend doing her first Long course down there and am a bit shattered I can't go to watch (I'll be OS).

Did you get a spot for Shepp? I'm in but am considering a switch to a team and finding a runner... see how I go over winter hey!

New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Hey Melbournites - I'm back! Rss Feed