General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Summer break - how to increase Fink volume? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-03-30 1:29 PM

Subject: Summer break - how to increase Fink volume?
so i am done with my first year of med school mid-may and that is also the last week of the build phase of the fink competitive plan. we have the entire summer off until the end of august so I will have 100% free time to train before vineman IM at the end of july.therefore, i have no time constraints for training and am wondering how people might recommend increasing volume without overtraining? i think that running volume likely should not increase very much but i see no reason why bike volume can't be increased. would you recommend increasing long easy rides or increasing the length of mid-week interval bike workouts so i can add in more intervals? or something completely different?thanks!alex

2012-03-30 2:23 PM
in reply to: #4121116

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: Summer break - how to increase Fink volume?
I would add a little bit of everything, but focus on the bike.  And just build gradually while paying attention to your body.  Having the time is only one part of it.  You have to be able to handle the load and recover from on workout to the next.  That may depend more upon you and your current fitness than what your schedule allows.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Summer break - how to increase Fink volume? Rss Feed