General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Zipp 404/808 "Firecrest" + Conti Competition Tubulars Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
SOLD
2012-04-13 12:33 AM

Subject: Zipp 404/808 "Firecrest" + Conti Competition Tubulars

2011 Zipp 606 Set (404 Front + 808 Rear) FIRECREST + Continental Competition Tubular Tires

Condition: LIKE NEW... Only raced on them 3 times - Olympic Dist... I never trained on them, ever! I was extremely cautious with these wheels and took great care of them.

Description: These wheels are smokin' fast! I never had a 'high-end' set of race wheels prior to these and I was blown away at the difference that they made for me. I was able to keep the same race pace with less effort - which was the most noticeable difference right off the bat. Also, the wheels are stiff and very aero. The firecrest design was money in cross winds/head winds. I race ITU and courses with hills were not a problem at all. Outstanding performance on the hills for sure. Also, cornering at high speeds was no issue. I was able to hold my lines and actually use the turns to my advantage over those who were afraid to attack the turns. The first race I used these for I only finished 2 minutes back of Simon Whitfield, coming out of the water a minute and 20 sec. back of him. The wheels allowed me to push the bike harder than usual, and although he out ran me by 1 minute I felt like my legs were more fresh for the run than in previous races without the wheels.

Why I'm Selling?: I figure this will come up so lets address that now. I've only been doing tri's for 2 summers now and to be blunt, it's really hard to get financial funding as an ITU athlete working his way up the ranks so I'm completely broke at this point. In my first season I qualified for World Cups and I hoped that would help get financial sponsors but sadly it didn't. I have no money to travel to races this summer so I'm giving up my dream to get a "real" job so I can start saving for my future.

Retail Price: These wheels retail for $2,850+. The tires retail for $125 each. Therefore total for the set up is roughly $3,100.

ASKING PRICE: I'm asking for $2,300 shipped OBO. I feel like this is VERY fair. You save about $1,000 when you add taxes to retail pricing. I also have to account for paypal fee (3%) and shipping costs so please keep that in mind here. (Includes Ti Skewers)

Additional Products Available: If you need a cassette with it I'll throw in a 11-26 Sram Force Cassette with approx. 300 miles for an extra $50.

*Final Notes... I'm selling everything I own for triathlon. If there is something you are looking for, let me know, I might have it.

** As you can see below, I took Zipp stickers off because I like the 'murdered out' black look to match my racing bike.

(404 front.jpg)

(808 rear.jpg)

(606 set.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
404 front.jpg (46KB - 6 downloads)
808 rear.jpg (47KB - 8 downloads)
606 set.jpg (59KB - 12 downloads)

2012-04-14 10:57 AM
in reply to: #4147687

Subject: RE: Zipp 404/808 "Firecrest" + Conti Competition Tubulars
Bumping to the top. $2,150 + free shipping.
2012-04-14 3:07 PM

Trying to get rid of these as quickly as possible so I'll settle for $1,900 with free shipping
2012-04-15 6:00 PM

A few people have asked about tire width and estimated miles on wheels. The tires are 23mm tubular professionally glued by my trusted mechanic. Since i only did 3 Olympic races that is 75 miles. But i would preview course day before for about 5-10 miles. The wheelset therefore has approx. 100 miles give or take a few miles. I always traveled with my training wheels so i never needed to ride the zipps too much prior to my races.
2012-05-05 12:09 AM
in reply to: #4152129

Hi,I have some questions:

1.Are the wheels still for sale?

2.What city and state are you located in because I would like to do an in-person transaction.

3.If you can please email me that would be great.

Thank You

Edited by racekid 2012-05-05 12:11 AM
Sell Gear
SOLD
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Zipp 404/808 "Firecrest" + Conti Competition Tubulars Rss Feed