General Discussion Race Reports! » The Burgh Pizza and Wing Pub Fun Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

The Burgh Pizza and Wing Pub Fun Run - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
United States
41F / 5C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 06m 27s
Overall Rank = 178/229
Age Group = 40
Age Group Rank = 15/19
Pre-race routine:

I had a nice breakfast, plenty of fluids

Stayed warm and watched the beginning of the 5k race. Once the 5k was started, I headed back to my car to shed some clothing. I stretched out my calf and got my electronics primed and ready. Had 6 onces of water prior to the start.
Event warmup:

Talked to some friends, entered the mod of runners, and worked on stretching my legs.
Run
  • 1h 06m 27s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 42s  min/mile
Comments:

The run start was rough. The trail is only 10 feet wide, but feels much smaller. 300 runners had to start in such a small section. The lineup also did not have pace sections set up, so the beginning had lots of bumping into each other. The trail also only had a few water spots, could have used more. Also the mile markers seemed off compared to my GPS.....the course felt longer than what my GPS recorded.
What would you do differently?:

Re-wet my heart rate monitor
Start heart rate monitor before the start
Wear less (I get extremely hot when running)
Build a running playlist (Random music sucks as it pulls up songs I hate to run too)

Post race
Warm down:

I was able to come in slightly faster than my normal pace. I did a sprint for the last 30 yards and was out of breath at the end. While it was 40 degrees, I raced in a 2XU tank top and running capris. I walked some and stretched when done.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The hills killed me....I need to train more on hill sprints

Event comments:

The after race was good, but all the beer was gone. Us slower runners did not get any. (I was happy to get water, I didn't need beer) It's a good race that helps a good cause.

I'd recommend this to everyone else.

Last updated: 2012-02-28 12:00 AM
Running
01:06:27 | 06.21 miles | 10m 42s  min/mile
Age Group: 15/19
Overall: 19/229
Performance: Average
Course: The course was out and back on the Montour trail. The course had some rolling hills, soft crushed limestone path, but narrow at the beginning.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-04-23 1:04 PM

User image

Pittsburgh
Subject: The Burgh Pizza and Wing Pub Fun Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The Burgh Pizza and Wing Pub Fun Run Rss Feed