General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flying in for Lake Zurich tri...looking for group rides/routes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-05-31 2:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Irvine, California
Subject: Flying in for Lake Zurich tri...looking for group rides/routes

Hey guys, I currently live in Arizona, but I grew up in the South Suburbs (Palos Heights), and I'll be in the area from July 3-July 17th, and racing in the Lake Zurich Olympic tri on July 8th.  Since I'll be shipping my bike, I'd love to do a couple group rides if possible, and looking for good routes to take that are bike friendly.  Any suggestions? 

On a side note, anybody else doing the Lake Zurich tri? 

2012-05-31 8:51 PM
in reply to: #4237623

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Subject: RE: Flying in for Lake Zurich tri...looking for group rides/routes

Hey! Where are you going to be staying; near Lake Zurich or Palos?  There's quite a few group rides available.  Shoot me a message at tony (@) tzcoaching.com on where your staying and I'll share a few rides / routes for you.  If anything I can meet up with you on the weekend and show you around as well. 

Not racing that one, but good luck! 

2012-05-31 9:46 PM
in reply to: #4238290

User image

Veteran
Irvine, California
tzcoaching - 2012-05-31 6:51 PM

Hey! Where are you going to be staying; near Lake Zurich or Palos?  There's quite a few group rides available.  Shoot me a message at tony (@) tzcoaching.com on where your staying and I'll share a few rides / routes for you.  If anything I can meet up with you on the weekend and show you around as well. 

Not racing that one, but good luck! 

I'll be staying in the Palos area, unless one of my friends that live up that way would be willing to put me up for the night, but most likely just staying in Palos.  

2012-06-01 8:36 AM
in reply to: #4237623

User image

Regular
Chicago Area

There's a good group ride on Friday nights that leaves from The Wheel Thing in downtown Lagrange around 5:30.  It's about a 25 mile loop with a good mix of flat out speed, hills, and scenery.  Nice group of people to ride with.  We start kinda leisurely through the neighborhoods of LaGrange and Hinsdale, then head south and end up out on the back roads near I-55 and Route 83 where the pace really picks up. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flying in for Lake Zurich tri...looking for group rides/routes Rss Feed