General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Mont-Tremblant 2013 Training Thoughts? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-30 7:50 PM

Subject: IM Mont-Tremblant 2013 Training Thoughts?

So after an amazing first experience at NY IM with my g/f we decided to sign-up for IM MT.  Excited for it already but think thats the high from IM NY still... 

I'm pretty comfortable with the swim (albeit the 2500 people start i've not experienced) but any advice on what to train for (I sense the bike will be hilly)?  Is there any comparison to IM NY course?  I finished in 12h 15 so looking to improve on this time so I'll try to have a bit more of a focused training plan....whilst still having fun (poinless otherwise).... any thoughts would be appreciated...

I know a year out but so obv not going hard now but kinda want to keep this fitness base over the next half-year and staying motivated....

I also hear its beautiful up that way (i'm in NY) so I think we're stay a few days to relax... any recommendations where to stay?

thanks

2012-08-30 7:58 PM
in reply to: #4389032

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: IM Mont-Tremblant 2013 Training Thoughts?
CaadH - 2012-08-30 8:50 PM

So after an amazing first experience at NY IM with my g/f we decided to sign-up for IM MT.  Excited for it already but think thats the high from IM NY still... 

I'm pretty comfortable with the swim (albeit the 2500 people start i've not experienced) but any advice on what to train for (I sense the bike will be hilly)?  Is there any comparison to IM NY course?  I finished in 12h 15 so looking to improve on this time so I'll try to have a bit more of a focused training plan....whilst still having fun (poinless otherwise).... any thoughts would be appreciated...

I know a year out but so obv not going hard now but kinda want to keep this fitness base over the next half-year and staying motivated....

I also hear its beautiful up that way (i'm in NY) so I think we're stay a few days to relax... any recommendations where to stay?

thanks

Can't make any comment on the course and training questions, but a good place to stay up that way after the race would be the Fairmount Montebello.  Pricey, but very nice.

2012-08-31 8:41 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Awesome, glad to hear you signed up!

I recommend going up for a training weekend if you can.  The routes for the bike and run are marked with signs and the roads are in great shape. You'll be able to assess the course.

Both the run and bike have hills but being hilly or challenging really depends on your experience with them.  My husband and i did not think the course was all that difficult. Yes, there are challenging sections and a few hills that are tough but we've race Muskoka 70.3 and that course is very difficult in the last 30k so our definition of difficult may be a bit skewed.  We kept talking to people at Tremblant who went out to train and said 'hilly' ... i would say the bike course is fair - no cake walk but not nearly as bad as it could be for area.  And I would say the run is the same. There are hills for the first half and then it's flat rail trail (gravel)

As for places to stay. There are tons of options. The ski village is the most convenient and it's really lovely - most are suites with kitchens and very comfortable.  But there are also tons of condos and smaller lodgings. The smaller lodgings are mostly in the old village a bit away from the main Ironman action but along the run course. 

Best of luck in training and with the race!

2012-09-10 7:11 PM

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii

I signed up for IMMT as well.  Message me if you want.

2012-09-11 5:35 PM

User image

I'm signed up too - for the 70.3 and the full IM. friends who did this race this year tell me it's most convenient to stay in the pedestrian village - everything is in walking distance which is awesome if you have family support as its easy for them to run back and forth between the room and the race. Having just spectated at Muskoka 70.3 - I can attest to the fact that spectating is an exhausting experience!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Mont-Tremblant 2013 Training Thoughts? Rss Feed